Box Score:
Brossart: Kidney 2-0-2/5-6, Rebholz 0-0-2/2-2,
         Niemeyer 5-0-0/0-10, Kramer 0-2-0/0-6
         Uebel 3-1-2/6-11, Cooper 2-0-6/6-10

Gallatin Co:  Perkins 2-0-0/0-4, S. Brown 1-1-0/0-5,
        T. Jones 0-1-0/0-3, Maddox 3-0-2/2-8,
        Edmonson 5-0-5/6-15, Henson 2-0-1/2-5,
        Carlton 2-0-0/0-4

Totals:   Brossart       12-3-12/17-45          20-3
         Gallatin Co   15-2-  8/19-44          20-4  
Click Here To Return To The Home Page
Two Down - Two To Go
Mustangs Dodge Gallatin Co Bullet
Survive and Advance
To Saturday Semi-Finals
Will Face Seven Time "A" State Champ
University Heights in Saturday Semi-Finals
It's Friday night, the Mustangs are still in Richmond,
and will play University Heights in the Saturday
semi-finals at 3pm on Saturday.

It didn't come easily.  The Brossart Mustangs jumped
out to a quick 7-0 lead and then extended the lead to 8
at 10-2, but Gallatin County didn't get to be a 20-3 ball
team by rolling over and playing dead.  As we well
know, games are played to 40 and not 10 and Gallatin
County battled back to trail by only 4, 13-9 after one
period of play.

The Mustangs hung tough through the first part of the
second period before turning the ball over 9 times and
allowing the Wildcats to knot the score at 23 at the half.

Gallatin County cashed in on the first basket of the
second half, giving the Cats their first lead of the night
at 25-23, but the Mustangs were up to the task as
Bryan Niemeyer single-handedly kept the Stangs in the
game by scoring the next four Mustang baskets, two
coming off of Jimmy Uebel assists, and Jimmy added
the only other Brossart point with a free-throw as the
Mustangs clung to a one point lead at 32-31with eight
minutes left to play.

Brossart had a three-point lead on several occasions in
the fourth quarter and a five point bulge with 41-36
with 1:43 to play in the game.  It was then that Senior
Nathan Edmondson decided to put the Cats on his back
and take them to the semi-finals.  A basket and two
free-throws later and the Cats were within one at
45-44, with the clock running down, when following a
Josh Kidney free throw miss, he made a spin move in
the paint and had the ball deflected away that rolled out
of bounds, last touched by a Mustang and only .2
seconds left to play in the game.

Following a pair of time-outs, the Cats had no choice
but to lob the ball in the direction of the hoop, hoping
for a miracle tip-in, when Troy Cooper emerged from
out of the crowd to swat the ball away and save the
day for the Mustangs, improving to 19-3 on the
season, and advancing the Mustangs to the semi-finals
of the Touchstone Energy All "A" State Tournament on
Saturday versus University Heights at 3pm.
Click On The Radio At Right To
Listen To The Game Broadcast